[SunRescue] SS5 Memory

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 14 12:42:55 CST 2000

Well www.memoryx.com doesn't say exactly but you can compare:

http://www.memoryx.net/sparc5.html
with http://www.memoryx.net/sparc10.html

and look at the individual parts for the answer.

In fact this: http://www.memoryx.net/5012471.html shows that
the SS5 uses 168pin DIMMS while this: http://www.memoryx.net/ss2064.html
shows that the SS10 uses 200pin DIMMS (which I think somebody already
mentioned).

So the answer is that you can't use SS10/20 RAM but you can find a good
deal on the SS5 RAM http://www.memoryx.net/ss532.html .

My guess is that you can't use "regular" DIMMS but I may be wrong on it.
You should contact MemoryX on it because they almost certainly know far more
than I do.

Just my $.02. ;-)

Mike Hebel