[SunRescue] E150 question

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 11 06:37:09 CST 2000

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Reagen Ward wrote:

> I love the fact that it's a SunSwift, which means external connector only.  Why
> anyone would WANT an external SCSI cable for internal drives is beyond me.  Of
> course, older HP 700 series machines have the same deal, so it must be popular
> with someone.

I've actually used this to my advantage once.  Had an E450 and E150 (named
"Jake" and "Elwood") 3000 miles away (Williamstown, MA) and we needed more
disk space on the 450 _fast_. The E150 wasn't in production at the time
but had a full disk cage so I was able to talk someone on site through
connecting the 450's external SCSI port to the 150's cage.

They're probably still running in that configuration, 2 years later,
because the expected purpose for the 150 never materialized.  The first
production Sybase ASE+Unicode+Verity site ever, I believe.

-James