[SunRescue] Ok...newbie question...

Paul Theodoropoulos rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 8 10:15:08 CST 2000

Well, despite the fact that I am a die-hard Sun SPARC/Solaris fan
and proponent for server infrastructure, I run windows 98 as my
desktop, and for a very specific reason:

SecureCRT

In all my years working with computers, on numerous platforms, i've
never come across a more powerful and versatile terminal emulator.
And *nothing* comes close to the speed of SecureCRT's emulation. I
normally monitor my core systems on a desktop with at least seven
SecureCRT SSH sessions open, and SecureCRT is fabulous for the
task.

Yes, I have to reboot my stinking laptop at least once a week,
often three or four times a week. But that PITA is offset by the
increased productivity found by using SecureCRT.

Just to make my 'qualifications' clear, I operate an internet
server farm consisting of two E4500's, two Netra T1's, six Ultra
5's, and one Rave AXi clone. On the backend (network monitoring
etc), there's two ultra 5's, and two Ultra 10's. My own personal
server farm in my office consists of an Integrix Sparc 10/20 clone,
a genuine Sun sparc 20, and an LX.

but on my desk, it's a Dell laptop, PII/300 w/384M ram, running
win98.