[SunRescue] Misc. Questions about 4.1.1 and a 3/80

William Barnett-Lewis rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 8 07:17:49 CST 2000

Hello all,
Thanks to everyone who answered my last questions - and especially to
whomever mentioned www.bodoman.com. I was able to order my cables from him
at a very reasonable rate. Now I have a couple of other questions for you
all;

1) Is it possible to use PPP & DHCP with SunOS 4.1.1? I know about (and
eventually intend to use when 1.5 is available) NetBSD but I would like to
start with SunOS for a bit as a play, er, "learning" experience. :>

2) Which are the most absolutely critical patches to apply to make 4.1.1
semi usable?

3) Will my HP DDS-2 DAT drive work under 4.1.1?

4) Are there any jumper diagrams floating around for the 105Mb drive that
came with my 3/80? I'd like to change it's ID and use it as a swap device
and put my filesystems on a 1Gb I'm getting.

5) I heard mention the other day that the 511 case can get quite hot - how
hot? Do I need to not put it on my wooden desk? Or stack it on top of the
3/80 pizzabox?

6) Was there ever a version of Netscape (say 2 or 3) that ran under 4.1.1?

7) Speaking of software, does anyone have any old Sun3 software they'd like
to sell/trade? I'm especially looking for Word Perfect 5.1 and Venue Medley
Lisp.

Thanks again to everyone for all your help. This wouldn't be half so much
fun without you folk and this list.

William