[SunRescue] exploding sun psus

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 8 00:00:58 CST 2000

     Capacitors are my nightmare also.  I had a .2 mF
feedthrough on the +12V line to the rig in my car and it
decided to go when I was driving.  A big bang and the
car filled with smoke.  Could have been a great special
effect for a movie.
     When I worked in a factory many years ago us techs
would "get back" at some of the assembly line workers by
sneaking in early and placing electolytics across the
outlets at their work places.  When they came in and
turned on the power to their tables.....July 4th!
(Electrolytics do make wonderful confetti generators.)