[SunRescue] Recover Solaris

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 21:48:28 CST 2000

Remove the boot device - be it net, disk, cd-rom, whatever and power the
machine back up.

Once powered up, it should fail and return to the OpenBoot PROM, allowing
you to do something like resent the NVRAM defaults, then add hardware one at
a time the the machine is back.

I suspect the drive is corrupt, and that is cuasing your machine to "sort
of" boot, then reset. I suspect auto-boot is working against you.

Have you tried to press stop-a combination while the machine is booting, to
interrupt the cycle?

HTH,

Ken