[SunRescue] Recover Solaris

yadukrishna valluru rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 19:07:13 CST 2000

Hi,
 got the following problem .

I have Solaris2.7 installed on Ultra10 Box. and the
applications running are Vignette5.5 , Iplanet
Webserver and Oracle DB server are running on it.

     yesterday i have to update the patch for
Vignette.
I downloaded the one to /opt/vignette/patch directory
, Gunziped it and was Untaring it , but i could not
Untar it properly with with the error check sum error.

 Now i want to remove all the untared files and
redownload it.In the process i was removing the files
in the same directory(patch) ...

   And the suddenly system got hanged with White
screen. and no response. After Half an hour i want to
reboot the machine but could not..It goes up to sparc
boot prom checks for the disk a and again reboots.
This is on and on.
   It is a development machine and there is no data.
Is there any way to get my old system. Please explain
me the procedure in detail.

Expecting great help..

Thanks in advance..
yadukrishna