[SunRescue] What am I, and how did I get here ( CG12 on a SS2)

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 06:28:30 CST 2000

On Wednesday, December 06, 2000 7:01 AM, Stou Sandalski
[SMTP:tangui at cell2000.net] wrote:

[of his SS2...]

> I am actualy surprised at how fast this thing runs when you log in through
> telnet, on the console its slow slow slow, I even put this netbsd hack on
> it so it works faster, and it does but its still slow....

Not only do those older machines seem faster when you telnet in, X apps are
much snappier when the machine running the server isn't the machine runnning
the client.  In my case, the clients run on my LX (not a screamer by any
standards) but I look at 'em from either a PC or an HP 700/RX X-terminal.
 Although both the PC and the HP take a little time to load, once you're
rolling, you roll right along.

-Shel