[SunRescue] What to use for Windoze or Linux X Terminal...

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Aug 17 10:41:59 CDT 2000

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, scohen - Stephen Cohen wrote:

> We use Exceed on WinNT and Win9x.  It is able to receive X output from
> Solaris, Linux on Intel, Linux on SPARC, and Digital OSF.  In addition, the
> package has several Unix-like utilities like ping, telnet, ftp, and more.
>
> There is a competing product from a company based in Seattle - but for the
> life of me I can no longer remember it.  It performed equally to Exceed.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

I do know that at my last job they used Reflection X.  I want to say the
company was called WRQ, but I'm not sure.  I just ran Linux on my desktop
which worked much better =)

One thing I've noticed with at least Reflection (and I seem to recall it
used to happen with Exceed at the job before) is that if the windoze box
crashes (which would NEVER, EVER happen), the session would still exist
on the server eating up a pty and swap.  Occasionally after months, all the
ptys would be eaten (or all the swap *shudder*) and someone would have to
either kill the stray processes or reboot the server...

--Kurt