[SunRescue] Re: rescue cars (was: The latest haul 8-))

David Cantrell (at home) david at wirestation.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 15:51:41 CDT 1999

On Thu, Sep 16 1999, Tim Hauber wrote:

> David Cantrell wrote:
>
> >I have no idea what half the cars are that have been mentioned in this
> >thread, but when I bought my Forward Control 101 Land Rover, rescue
> >missions were indeed one of the reasons I chose it instead of a 'normal'
> >Landy.
>
> I have no Idea what a "forward control" land rover is either, but I would
> assume it is what us colonials would call a van?

Not exactly <GRIN>.  They were originally designed for the British army, who wanted an all-terrain, helicopter-transportable vehicle capable of carrying/towing artillery.  Ideal for lugging Vaxen and other old iron around :-)

--
David Cantrell - http://www.ThePentagon.com/NukeEmUp/

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after
it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart.