[SunRescue] multicpu m68K

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Wed Sep 15 03:30:44 CDT 1999

Bengt Kleberg wrote:

> The Swedish company Diab Data made 68k computers. Up to 4x68040. The OS was DNIX
> and they where very successful selling to small companies, small govenment agancies and local
> councils.

I know I had my hands on an old DG-system once that was thrown out by a
local company. It was pretty interesting piece of hardware, considering
it was quite old. I whink it was a DS90? Can't remember the modele but
it ran DNIX and was powered by a 68010 (I think).
It had some obscure SCSI-to-MFM converter plus some small SCSI-disks,
plus a QIC tape.
The main problem with this beast was that we didn't have the appropriate
software to do anything useful with it, so we tossed it over to someone
else...

4x68040? That sounds like it could be useful even in these days.
Are those still available in sweden? Could be a cool toy to play with.
:-)

	/Regards, Bjorn