[SunRescue] multicpu m68K

paul.pries at mo.mailnet.fi paul.pries at mo.mailnet.fi
Wed Sep 15 03:37:36 CDT 1999

> > > possible (according to the 68K design specs) to make multiprocessor 68K
>
> > I've seen Unisys-beasts running on 2 x mc68020
>
> The Swedish company Diab Data made 68k computers. Up to 4x68040. The OS was
DNIX
> and they where very successful selling to small companies, small govenment
agancies and local councils.

Yep. I fixed up quite a few sales for them... And, I still got one old
DS90-10 at home. Up and running Sys V.2, IP on X.25 over a high speed
serial link to an IPC. It needs a reboot every other year... :)

> The hardware division was sold to Bull, and scrapped.

I think the whole Swedish operation was sold to Bull. They scrapped the
hardware division and tried to integrate the software team into their own
organisation. From what I know it faild.

> the software division still makes compilers, but I think they are located in
the US now.

They were located in the US all the time. Their compilers are rated (was
at least) as top of the line, with customers like the DoD and such.

So much for history. I still got a quite good reference library for these
machines and some software too. Some stuff on 8" floppies, some on 51/4"
and some on tape. GIve me a holler if there is interest. :)

/Paul.