[SunRescue] Need LPS 540S format.dat

Sheldon T. Hall shall1 at columbus.rr.com
Mon Sep 13 07:29:32 CDT 1999

On Monday, September 06, 1999 3:38 PM, BSD Bob wrote:

> Anyone got a format.dat entry for a Quantum LPS 540S 540mb scsi drive?
> I don't see that one in the current format.dat file, and several have
> popped my way that the old Suns could use to purr some more with....

My old "Pocket PCRef" lists a "Quantum ProDrive LPS 540S:"

	541 MB
	4 Heads
	SCSI-3
	128k cache
	300k MTBF
	4500 RPM

But doesn't give tracks/cylinders/sectors or anything else useful.

> Also, I picked up a fiver buck Fujitsu M22635A drive and case that
> someone had scribbled SUN on.  I am assuming that came from one  of
> our Sun servers on campus, but noone knows anything.  It was in  a
> case that had a little  internal slip of paper marked with a M2266SA
> entry (valid Fujitsu Sun device apparently).  Alas, using the M2266SA
> entry, did not work.   Anyone have any info or a format.dat entry for
> this Fujitsu M22635A drive?

Pocket PCRef no help on this one.  Some similar numbers, but only M, 4-digits, and suffixes.  No 5-digit numbers that I see.

-Shel