[SunRescue] sun4/110 and ancient monitor

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon Sep 13 03:02:37 CDT 1999

Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Dr. Snock wrote:
> >Hmm.  If you haven't tried just connecting red, green, and blue only then
> >do so.  I haven't seen a 4/110 in a very long time, but it could have sync
> >on green.  It still may not work.  I picked up a 13W3 to RGB BNC cable a
> >while ago and tried it on a SPARCstation LX with a Taxan monitor but it
> >did not work, although it did work on an SGI.
>
>   Nope...no Sun framebuffers that the 4/100 board can use are sync-on-green.

AFAIK, the general "rule of thumb" is that SGI uses Sync-on-Green, Sun
use seperate combined (H+V) sync and PeeCees use seperate (H/V) sync.
Ofcourse there could be some obscure differences on some boards that I
don't know of.
I would love to get my hands on a 9U VME Sun graphics board that would
do sync-on-green, since I have some (4) IBM monitors back in a
"junk-yard" that has only 3 BNC's.

	/Regards, Bjorn