[SunRescue] sun4/110 and ancient monitor

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon Sep 13 03:22:59 CDT 1999

Bjrn Ramqvist wrote:

> AFAIK, the general "rule of thumb" is that SGI uses Sync-on-Green, Sun
> use seperate combined (H+V) sync and PeeCees use seperate (H/V) sync.

Hrm... Think I was in a coma there or something.
The correct term should be:

SGI - Sync-on-green (3 BNC)
Sun - Seperate composite (H+V) sync (4 BNC)
PC  - Seperate (H/V) sync (5 BNC)

Ofcourse, some differenses may be present from board to board.
For an example, check the pinouts on the SGI 13W3 connector... There you
have a number of pins that, atleast in theory, should be able to run a
"seperate sync" monitor.

	/Regards, Bjorn