Re(2): [SunRescue] The latest haul 8-)

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Thu Sep 16 13:28:58 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:

>So, what have other out there squeezed into their respective vehicles?
>I'm in similar shape as Bill, as I've got a Geo Tracker (quite similar to
>his Kia), and I've had it stuffed to pushing the headliner up full of Sun
>and HP equipment more times then my wife would want to know...

Ah, a tracker!!

Fortunately mine is a softtop

I put a 690 MP in the back, and one of those disk arrays that is about the
size of a two drawer file cabinet in the passenger seat, and drove about
50 miles without 5th gear, and had to take back roads, because the wind
hitting the 690 sticking up above the roof line was blowing so hard into
the driver seat area that it blew my sunglasses off FRONTWARDS.  So I
drove home between 40-45 MPH, and my Father-in-law and I unloaded it by
ourselves.  It did cost me a torn passenger seat, that disk array with 8
full size drives in it is HEAVY!!  I had the front pieces of the 690 and
the pull out stabilizer removed, and it filled the back of the tracker
(with the rear seat removed) with less than 2 inches clearance on any
side, and I had the removed pieces stuck in around my head.  I wish I had
pictures of it.

I also loaded up a Jetta with old PeeCee junk one time, I had 10 desktop
boxes, 3 DEC Terminals, 5 monitors, 100+ Video Cards, 54 loose 3.5 Hard
Drives, 27 Loose 3.5 Floppies, 50 + Network Cards, a huge wad of thinnet
cables and tees, several boxes of 30Pin Memory, a huge box of
miscellaneous ribbon cables, a box of 30 some Digicard adaptor boxes (for
sharing Apple ][ Disk drives) all while leaving enough room in the front
passenger seat for my pregnant wife.  And she DIDN'T COMPLAIN!!

By the way, Dave, my 690 is 220 volts only to all the internal chassis, at
least they are all labeled that way.  Maybe there are different voltage
versions, but unfortunately mine isn't one of them.

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....