Re(2): [SunRescue] sun4/110 and ancient monitor

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Mon Sep 13 09:43:19 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>Hrm... Think I was in a coma there or something.
>The correct term should be:
>
>SGI - Sync-on-green (3 BNC)
>Sun - Seperate composite (H+V) sync (4 BNC)
>PC  - Seperate (H/V) sync (5 BNC)
>
>Ofcourse, some differenses may be present from board to board.
>For an example, check the pinouts on the SGI 13W3 connector... There you
>have a number of pins that, atleast in theory, should be able to run a
>"seperate sync" monitor.

Seems to me that it wouldn't be that hard to build a little op-amp circuit
to convert any of those signals, to go to S-o-G would just need a little
mixer circuit, and the signals being played with are all far enough apart
in frequency that splitting them apart could probably be done with just a
simple eq circuit.  Don't we have at least one analog guru on this list
somewhere that could come up with a schematic?  That would really help us
low budget scavengers that don't have "mother lode" dumpsters and have to
work with what we find.

Tim

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....