[SunRescue] SS20 (??) is it really?

j. grubman jg at false.net
Fri Jul 30 08:38:20 CDT 1999

>   I have used unmatched processors in an mbus machine in the past.  It's not
> supposed to work, but if both processors have an external cache, it should wor

If it helps any, I'm running an SS20MP w/ one 150 MHz and one 133 MHz RT626
Hypersparc. Both processors have 512k of external cache. The system runs fine
under Solaris 2.6 and 7. A friend at Sun tells me that, while it's entirely
unsupported, mixing different models of the came CPU shouldn't cause problems.

-josh

---
joshua grubman
http://false.net
http://sarcastic.net
`my fiction beats the hell out of my truth' --jawbreaker