[SunRescue] SS2 DNS - stupid question?

David Rouse drouse at arlington.newsargus.com
Sat Jul 24 13:35:36 CDT 1999

Has the machine been told to use DNS? You should have an /etc/nsswitch.conf
that should have an entry that looks like:

hosts:	files	dns

There will be other entries in the file as well. If you aren't using NIS they
should read 'files' as well.

I also gave my DNS server an alias of 'dns' in my /etc/hosts file, I don't know
if that is needed, however.

Also, my /etc/resolv.conf looks more like this:

domain newsargus.com
nameserver 216.76.60.5

DRouse