[SunRescue] SS2 DNS - stupid question?

David Cantrell david at wirestation.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 14:25:42 CDT 1999

I have a horrible feeling that I'm being _really_ stupid here, but
anyway, none of you know me so here goes :-)

My Sparcstation 2, with Solaris 2.6 is working nicely now.  It can see
my network, it can see other networks too; even Hotjava is working -
and currently downloading Netscape to replace it.

Trouble is, I can not persuade the machine to do any DNS lookups.  I
have created a resolv.conf file, and it can ping my DNS server.  Any
ideas where I'm going wrong?

# cat resolv.conf
search barnyard.co.uk
search wirestation.co.uk
nameserver 194.205.25.234

--
David Cantrell - http://www.ThePentagon.com/NukeEmUp

sent using Pegasus Mail - about the only good reason for using Windows