[SunRescue] CDE broken :-(

Michael Steele redactor at zebra.net
Fri Jul 23 17:59:45 CDT 1999

--------------BDAD1D42A4D9C3607B59AEA3

Any possibility that it can't find the fonts it needs?  I have had the
problem when I try to get a remote CDE login, that if the proper fonts are
not installed on the remote host, CDE will die where Openwin works fine.

Michael

"Kurt A. Huhn" wrote:

> I've got a Tadpole 3GS running Solaris 2.5, Open windows, and CDE
> 1.0.2.  The problem is that Openwindows works just fine, and the
> graphical login works just fine, but CDE won't start.  It kicks me back
> to the login screen every time, no matter whether I use my login or Root
> - same thing every time.  Any ideas?  Different pixel depths don't seem
> to work either - 8, 16, or 32 bit.
>
> --
>
> Kurt A. Huhn
> kurthuhn at k-huhn.com

Michael V. Steele

Unix/LAN Administrator
Novell/NT Administrator
Ciba Specialty Chemicals
Performance Polymers
McIntosh, AL

--------------BDAD1D42A4D9C3607B59AEA3

Any possibility that it can't find the fonts it needs?  I have had
the problem when I try to get a remote CDE login, that if the proper
fonts are not installed on the remote host, CDE will die where Openwin
works fine.
windows, and CDE
me back
Root