[SunRescue] CDE broken :-(

Kurt A. Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Fri Jul 23 18:32:48 CDT 1999

Reagen Ward wrote:

> Check out the old file revisions from RCS?  Just a joke.
>
> First off, make sure that the hostname and IP for your box is consistent
> across /etc/hosts, dns (if networked), nis (if networked),
> /etc/hostname.le0 (or whatever), /etc/nodename, etc.
>
> If that doesn't do it, we'll go from there.
>
> Reagen

YAY!  Thanks Reagan, that did it.  I forgot about /etc/nodename when I
changed the name of the SparcBook.  Well okay, I didn't even know about
it until I was cruising /etc and found the file and changed it just
before your email - but did I reboot? - No.  It only ocurred to me that
I should reboot after reading your message.

Thanks again!
--

Kurt A. Huhn
kurthuhn at k-huhn.com