[SunRescue] Solaris 2.6 - more stupid questions :-)

Sheldon T. Hall shall1 at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 14:10:15 CDT 1999

I use X-Win32 under Win95 to access my Sol 7 box, and also used it with
Solaris 2.5.1.

I use rexec rather than rsh, with command lines like

/usr/openwin/bin/xterm -ls -sb -sk -j -T RTFM -display $DISPLAY -g 132x38 &

I forget what -sb -sk -j does (though one gives the Xterm scrollbars) the
-T RTFM titles the window with "RTFM" which is the Sol 7 box's name.
 -display $DISPLAY tells X your IP address and screen number.  -g 132x38
sets the size of the Xterm window.  You know about the ampersand.

Make sure rexec hasn't been disabled in /etc/inet/inetd.conf ....

-Shel