[SunRescue] Re: Speaking of SGI equipment...

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Dec 16 17:55:01 CST 1999

True enough, but since there isn't a nice SGI hardware reference that I've
seen, I can't check dates on these.  Besides, Mr. Bill compared a 200 MHz
SGI box with an Ultra 170E, which is probably a bit faster than an SS20 with
a single SM81.

>   To go any faster with a Sun I'd have to go to an Ultra or
> something, and be
> stuck in Solaris hell.

'scuse me?  :)  What do you run on your SS20 now?  I know for sure that
Linux runs on Ultras, but I don't know anything about the video support
there.

	Greg