[SunRescue] Odd Sbus card...

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon Aug 30 08:52:53 CDT 1999

Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com wrote:

> Can anyone help me identify the following?
>
> (sorry, the description is thin, but there are zero markings on this
> card)...
>
> Sbus card, single width from an SS1 -- it has a single 9-pin connector on
> the back(same basica shape as an SVGA connector, but with only 9 pin holes
> aka it's a female connector)...the biggest chip on the board itself is from
> LSIL(LSI Logic, I'll presume) and has some markings on it and the word
> "Video".  Deduction leads me to think this is some type of video card, but
> does anyone know what type and what exactly I can plug into it?  I've got a
> couple of them that I received with some older SS1's and an SS1 Sunar
> clone.(cute box! hehe).

It sure sounds like the old-style "bwtwo" framebuffers that uses the
sun3-style
TTL (not analoge) interface to the monitors. Good if you prefer to have
some
sort of graphics on a SPARC-based server, and got some monochrome
monitors
leftover. Atleast I would have used it for that since I have some
TTL-monitors
unused.
Should be covered in the framebuffer FAQ.

	/Regards, Bjorn