Re(2): Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Mon Aug 16 15:53:29 CDT 1999

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, James Lockwood wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Reagen Ward wrote:
>
> > I also love the older PMac cases.. The 7100 was a joy, the 7600 was
> > better in
> > some respects and worse in others.  The best I've ever used was the
> > HP 712.
>
> I'd have to give the Mac IIcx chassis (shared by the IIci and Q700 among
> others) my vote for best design in the Mac category.  Easy-open top,
> everything is right where you'd expect, and if you needed to pull the p/s
> it was trivial.

Is this referring to nice-looking cases or most convenient to upgrade?
Personally I'd have to say the Sun pizza boxes... not just because this is
SunRescue... sleek, has corners... easy to change components inside (once
one figures out the science to the intuitional lock/release Sun
mechanisms).. those Lunchboxes are kinda snazzy as well.. I got to have a
look at an Ultra10 today... just doesn't look as nice as these old
machines (Then again, I always thought the Atari 400 and 800 were kinda
cute... and the 800 was upgradeable rather easily).

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * DESCENT * 486
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Wars * SeaQuest * Voltron * Summer
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Star Trek * WarCraft II * SPARCstation 2
--Slackware 3.6/Debian SPARC 2.1------!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !-----2.2.11--