[SunRescue] Offerings

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Mon Aug 16 13:42:49 CDT 1999

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Kent Rankin wrote:

>     You know, that is an interesting thought.  I'm sure that some of us out
> there
> could use some environmental requirement results for our machines.
>
>     For instance, a large number of machines that leave my hands go directly
> into
> industrial houses, and quite often I get asked about vibration sensitivity,
> electrical limits, etc.  I imagine that there are a lot of other guys that
> could
> benefit from such numbers, too.

I was working on an environmental FAQ for Sun workstations, and it's not
finished but I can post it here if people would be interested.  It's all
electrical draw data right now, nothing else, but that alone has been
highly useful.

>     Of course, I think I just might run some group dancing/moshing tests on
> Cray's that come through here just to compile for future purposes.  =)

How about a friendly game of "Duck Duck Goose" on the Cray-1 seats?  :-)

-James