Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Mon Aug 16 13:59:00 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:

>Unfortunately not. Reel tapes are alive and well in the dark recesses
>of the world that is Business Programming. There were 2 tape drives at
>AFLAC which had production dates od 12-27-73 stamped on them. My
>production date, by way of comparison, is 06-25-75.

How can you say unfortunately, what other piece of computer equipment can
you think of that is actually in use from the early 70s?  I do know of a
college environmental control systm that is running on some kind of mini,
and the 15" hard drive has been spinning since the 70's, I'm just waiting
for that one to get powered down somehow, to see if it will fly again.
Just think about it, riding on an air bubble for 20+ years.

Just for fun, when was everybody born?
4/26/69

Tim

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....