[SunRescue] Yale stuff up for grabs.

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Mon Aug 16 13:55:38 CDT 1999

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, BSD Bob wrote:

> Anyone know if a Mercury 8 inch scsi drive from an Apple will work on
> a sun3?   I picked up one that seems to be 700mb or such.  Big mother.

>From vague memory, that _might_ be an OEM Fujitsu K2372S.  The K series
were normally SMD (HSMD) drives, but the S added a mostly-SCSI interface.

I wouldn't mess with it.  If you really want to go retro, get some PDP-11
era 14" drives under plexiglass and a VME Sun with proper driver board to
run them.  My VAX had a pair of 155MB Fujitsus and they were things of
beauty.

-James