Re(2): [SunRescue] Yale stuff up for grabs.

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Mon Aug 16 11:07:25 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>Anyone know if a Mercury 8 inch scsi drive from an Apple will work on
>a sun3?   I picked up one that seems to be 700mb or such.  Big mother.
>
>Bob

anybody know if a drive that old would be trustworthy?  Those big old
drives were a lot more shock sensitive than the newer ones, and the
chances of it getting a jar sometime in its life obviously go up with age.
 Also be careful about big drives and little power supplies.  Some of
those old monsters measured input power with 3 digits.  I'd put it in an
external case, and use it for totally unimportant data, but it would be
fun to hear it run.

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....