[SunRescue] Will DEC monitors work on Suns?

Kent Rankin srao at usit.net
Fri Aug 6 11:52:19 CDT 1999

>I have used my DEC VRC-16 on my IPX with its built-in framebuffer; I had to
>do a bit of fiddling with the picture shape controls, but it worked fine
>once I got it all set up.

    That model will, as it uses seperate sync/Multisync(and, if I recall
correctly, it will manage sync-on-green).

    However, the 1024x768 models(ie. VR290, VR299, VR262, etc) wouldn't do
for regular 1152x864 mode.  Those afforementioned monitors, however, do
sync-on-green, so they're half way there.  =)

    The closest thing that I can think of to Sun models are VRT19-HA's as
they run at 75Hz, sync-on-green, and are 1152x864.

                                                        -Kent Rankin

P.S.  -  All of the VRC-era are seperate sync/Multisync, so they'd work when
properly on PC's *OR*
         just about any common workstation as they have quite nice spec's.