[SunRescue] VT340

Kent Rankin srao at usit.net
Fri Aug 6 11:47:11 CDT 1999

>I've got a genuine DEC VT340 with a cracked CRT here in London,
>UK. I'm going to ditch it at the end of the week, but I think
>that everything other than the CRT is OK. Does anyone want any
>spare parts from it?
>
>Let me know ASAP if so.
>
>I've got a pile of other stuff that I may want to rationalise
>(new flat looked so big before all the stuff was in it, but
>not so much any more...) I'll post details soon.

    That's actually quite a nice terminal.  =)

    It supports 16 colors at once, and an adjustable pallette of 4096
colors, not to mention it has a VS-XXX mouse port, has MMJ and EIA-232C
ports, supports dual-session, and can be upgraded.

    It also supports SiXeL and ReGiS graphics(damn do I ever hate the
capitalization of those things).

    I've got some programming guides if anyone is in need of information on
them.

                                                            -Kent Rankin

P.S. - The little ROM card on the back would be the best thing to save, as
it can be mailed in an
       envelope it's so small.