[SunRescue] SCA drives?

Cyrus M. Reed cmreed at cc.wwu.edu
Sun Aug 22 16:25:36 CDT 1999

That sounds about right to me.  I recall reading that the SCA connectors
in the SS20 assign a SCSI ID of 1 or 3 depending on which physical
connector you use on the riser card (I could be off on the ID numbers).
That is to say that the ID number is tied to the connector on the riser
card itself.  The only thing that might not work is using a UW drive with
narrow SCSI.  You might want to check with the dirve manufacturer or one
of the FAQs at www.adaptec.com to make sure that combination would work
without frying things.

-Cyrus

P.S.  You should be able to find a field service manual (or something
similarly named) online for the SS20 at www.sun.com, which is where I
remember coming across this before.