Re(2): Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Shawn Boyette mdxi at collapsar.cx
Mon Aug 16 12:50:15 CDT 1999

Tim Hauber writes:

 > You know, in this day and age the majority of hackers have probably never
 > seen tapes spin except in movies.

Get a job in business programming. I got a job at AFLAC and thought
someone was playing a joke on me when they first handed me a 6250-type
9-track tape.

Unfortunately not. Reel tapes are alive and well in the dark recesses
of the world that is Business Programming. There were 2 tape drives at
AFLAC which had production dates od 12-27-73 stamped on them. My
production date, by way of comparison, is 06-25-75.

Shawn Boyette, Programmer -- mdxi at collapsar.cx