[geeks] Cheap Processing Threads

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:15:01 CDT 2019

Ha! My frugality has come around and bit me in the arse.

After literal decades of building computers for the first time I've put one
together where the CPU has no integrated graphics, so I'll have to add that to
my build.

Darn it!

Well, luckily I have an older but suitable discrete graphics card on the
shelf.

Now I know why my carefully constructed system didn't boot up on first
power-up...

Oh well, Live and learn, and never assume...

Lionel

> On Mar 16, 2019, at 7:22 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 core, 12 thread, 3 GHz processor and cooler ($79.95)
>
> Gigabyte B450 mATX mb w/ 4x DDR4 memory slots, 4x SATA III ports, an M.2
slot and more ($69.95 - less $30 when bought with CPU)