[geeks] [rescue] Fwd: Wifi-Ethernet adapter on SPARC 10

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Tue Jul 16 14:05:21 CDT 2019

On 7/16/19 12:29 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
> "
> "
> " I've been trying to use a Wifi-Ethernet adapter to set up a fallback WAN
> " route through my phone's 4G LTE connection for when our cable is down.
> " It hasn't been going well, not least because the WiFi-Ethernet adapter's
> " configuration appears to assume that *naturally* you will have it
> " directly plugged into your PC, not into a router port.
> "
> "
> " Anyone have a better idea?
>
> would either dsl or fiber be an option where you are?

I asked Metrocast/Atlantic about fiber.  They said they'd have to run it
direct from Boston and quoted $600 a month.

I'd have to check with Consolidated communications, but multihoming with
a DSL link MIGHT be an option.  God alone knows what data rate we'd get.
 Probably pretty terrible.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications