[geeks] Idea - 2.5" to 3.5" SCA adapter carrier

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:14:31 CDT 2018

I was tooling about with a 2.5" SCA drive last night and had a thought. I
have access to a 3D printer and a week off...

Would there be any interest in me building and testing a STL 3D mesh for an
adapter to fit 2.5" SCA drives into 3.5" Carriers? Also does anyone have
and suggestions for approaching the idea?

I was thinking take the dims off a 3.5" and a 2.5" and 'cut' the 2.5" block
out of the 3.5" and add mountings. Threads are a pain but 6-32 should self
thread if I make the holes a tiny bit oversized.

The end product would be usable to mount 2.5" drives in 3.5" Sun Spuds, IBM
POWER drive carriers and HP 3.5" SCA trays (because that's what I need and
can test) and would likely work for others too.

--

Mark Benson