[geeks] Next missing package - Dynamic Reconfiguration, SUNWldm

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Mon Mar 19 15:43:01 CDT 2018

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> Did you ever get anywhere with this? I remember starting with Solaris 8 all
> the "stuff" required for an e10k was included (and maybe earlier.) The SSP
> software was still separate. You'd want the most recent SSP packages you
> can find on the most recent OS that makes sense (Solaris 9, likely) for the
> SSP.

I have not located a copy of SUNWldm or the drd, but by destroying one of
the domains and recreating it with a fuller set of SBs I have managed to
get things rolling. I'd very much like to find SUNWldm if I could,
however.

The Sol10 install definitely knew it was installing onto an E10k and
installed some E10k specific things - but SUNWldm for the E10k appears not
to be part of the standard install.

I have added/removed boards on a SunFire 6800, which is a couple
generations along, and it works on a standard Solaris install, so I think
perhaps they moved away from ldm to something else that is _now_ core to
Solaris.

I didn't think to check to see if it might be on the Sol9 discs - I only
checked Sol10, which is what I have installed and running on the E10k at
present. That's a good thought, thanks Jonathan.

  - JP