[geeks] Poorly Poweredge T610

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Dec 20 10:14:33 CST 2018

On 12/20/2018 09:01 AM, Mark Benson wrote:
> It refuses to power on and was showing a Power Supply lost redundancy
> error, citing PS 2 as failed. I tried it on PS 1 and it sits with a
> green light on the PSU unit until I press the power button, then the
> light goes Amber and nada.

:-(

> My best guess is the Power Distribution Board or PSU is croaked.

Maybe.

> We've already declared it a dead loss as far as production goes and are
> specc'ing and buying a replacement to act as a redundant spare for our
> production system, but I'm not 100% willing to give up on the T610 as
> it's a very decent spec box.

Understandable.

> Any ideas or should I relegate it to a job as a really big
> footrest/doorstop?

I'm not familiar with the T610.  We frequently need to do what Dell
calls a "flea power drain".  Remove all power cords and likely all other
cables.  Press and hold the i button for 30 seconds.  Wait a couple of
minutes and try powering up again.  Sometimes the BMC gets confused.

Do you have a power supply from another T610 to try?  Is it worth the
nominal investment to purchase another power supply to try?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]