[geeks] Poorly Poweredge T610

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:01:21 CST 2018

Our T610 has been off production use for a while, since we pulled the power
down in September to handle some major building rewiring, I hadn't got
around to powering it up again. Turns out it's dead... kinda.

It refuses to power on and was showing a Power Supply lost redundancy
error, citing PS 2 as failed. I tried it on PS 1 and it sits with a green
light on the PSU unit until I press the power button, then the light goes
Amber and nada.

The iDRAC is alive and working but not a huge amout of help. The logs show
it's lost redundancy but not why it's not powering up.

My best guess is the Power Distribution Board or PSU is croaked.

We've already declared it a dead loss as far as production goes and are
specc'ing and buying a replacement to act as a redundant spare for our
production system, but I'm not 100% willing to give up on the T610 as it's
a very decent spec box.

Any ideas or should I relegate it to a job as a really big
footrest/doorstop?

--

Mark