[geeks] Ran the numbers - V240

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 07:11:35 CST 2017

I didn't do V x A = Watts calculation on an AC load, I took a watt reading of
a commercial power meter that displays Watts consumed on active load in
real-time.

It may not be as accurate as other methods, but it should be consistent across
tests, good enough for relative comparisons.

Where I did use a V x A = Watts calculation was on the Raspberry Pi, which is
a DC load, and I used the worst case, 400% CPU utilization power load, which
should account for PS inefficiencies compared to a regular CPU utilization
load closer to 100-200% utilization.

Kill-A-Watt -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5rAbAbMDT6ZFS

Lionel