[geeks] Stop-A on VT525

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Jan 18 18:23:09 CST 2017

>> I don't know the Netra or the VT525.  But Suns of my experience
>> running with serial console do that on break.  So, I'd suggest you
>> start by figuring out how to make the VT525 generate a break
>> condition on the serial line.
> That was my first assumption.  I hit F5 because that' sends a break
> and it didn't.  Hence my confusion.  I probably missed something.

Either that or I did. :-)

It's possible that the Netra uses something else, or possibly it can be
set to ignore serial-line breaks.

Personally, I'd probably connect it to my netboot segment, bring up
NetBSD (single-user diskless if necessary), and then start poking
around with eeprom(8).  If you have or can create a netboot
environment, something along those lines might be worth trying.

> I yanked the hard drives while I test it ant it's trying to netboot
> (it'll struggle!)  So it's stuck in a timeout loop.  From my memory
> Stop-A/BREAK drops it out of the loop to the OBP?

I would expect it to, yes.  But I have used Netras little to not at
all, so my expectation (which is mostly based on earlier Suns) may well
be wrong in this case.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org