[geeks] For those of you that knew Brian Weiss

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jan 6 17:34:02 CST 2017

>From FB:

https://www.facebook.com/iconomicon/posts/10210048239836113

Hi friends. This is Tami, his wife. Brian took his life on Monday night. I've
informed some of you, but I know there are many more of you out there that do
not know, and this was the easiest way to get the message out there. I'm
posting from his account because some of our circles do not cross.

I don't have memorial information yet, but will post it as soon as I have that
settled. There will be a service of some sort and hopefully a celebration of
Brian's life. You all will be welcome.

Many of you know he was battling with depression. But it was a lot worse than
he let on. In the weeks and months leading up to this, he posted some of his
struggles to Facebook, but many more he kept to himself. And though he had
mental health professionals helping him, I don't think anyone; them, myself,
realized just the extent of it.

I only really grasped the extent and depth of his depression in the final
days, and only in retrospect. When things went downhill, they spiraled out of
control fast. I am deeply saddened I nor anyone else was able to help him. He
was hurting, had been for a long time, and I can only take comfort that at
least that is over for him.

I am going to memorialize his page as is in a few days, after I receive the
death certificate and have felt I no longer need it to communicate to his
friends via this means. I will post updates here until then. I've chosen to
keep all his posts intact; I know he wished depression were less stigmatized
and I think that by keeping those posts visible, it can help others realize
that depression can be deadly and to take it seriously before it kills.

We are atheists; please feel free to morn in the way you choose but understand
that we do not ascribe to any religious teachings. Please respect that in
Brian's memory as we go forward. Prayers are okay. Telling me he's with angels
not so much.

I love you all; Brian loved you all.

--
Bill Bradford