[geeks] FS: Meraki MR18 AP & 3-year license

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Feb 20 02:49:01 CST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 11:16:50PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>I'm seriously considering that route myself, already having a POE5 as my
>firewall/router, and would be interested to hear what you went with,
>what your experience was like, and any issues you ran into or insights
>resulting.  The "next step" I'm considering would be to replace my
>WRT54G and WNDR600N with two or possibly three Ubiquiti APs.

Previously had an ERL/ERX and a UAP-AC-LR.

Replaced it all with:

- USG for gateway (same hardware as the ERL, just centrally managed)
- USW-8 for "outside edge" and some public-IP stuff
- USW-8-60W for "inside core"
- US-CK CloudKey for Unifi controller / management (PoE)
- UAP-AC-PRO AP (house is only 1500sqft - PoE)

The "single pane of glass" interface is pretty nice.  No complaints so far,
2-3 months later.  It "Just Works".

Bill

--
Bill Bradford