[geeks] Tough environs for a printer?

md.benson at gmail.com md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:31:20 CST 2017

Hi,

Latest silly IT challenge! We have a PC workstation in our vehicle workshop,
which Ibm planning to swap for a USFF unit to reduce itbs footprint. Not a
big issue, really.

However, it also needs a laser printer for printing vehicle diagnostic reports
from the diagnostic equipment. It, like most workshops, is a dirty
environment, with airbourne and handbourne dust. the bigger issue is the
printer in there at the moment is getting very cold at night and steams
vigorously when you print from it (which suggests to me therebs moisture in
there).

Anyone got any bright ideas how we could mitigate it?

--

Mark Benson