[geeks] Opinions & Experience with Microsoft Surface Pro 4?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jan 29 10:20:53 CST 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 10:48:39AM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
>I'm mulling over buying a (much) better tablet than my Nexus 7 FHD.

I'm looking forward to the proposed 2016 N7; my N7 2013 is still my daily
driver for most things even though I also own a Nexus 9 (mostly Netflix) and a
Shield Tablet K1 (ok, but... eh.)

>The Surface Pros *look* really nice hardware-wise. Plays they are packing
>powerful CPUs, reasonable RAM and storage, and a full featured OS.
>However they are expensive and also there are some mixed reviews out there
>for the Pro 4, a lot of which mention software bugs and issues that haven't
>been fixed (at least on their unit). The warranty terms aren't that
>favourable either, but they love ok similar to Apple's TBH.
>Anyone got any input?

I owned both a Surface RT and a Surface Pro 1.  Both were great pieces of
hardware, with crappy software.  The SP1 may be better now that Windows 10 is
out (8.x was a steaming pile, although the SP1 was the only system that its
forced-touch interface made sense on), but I sold it to a friend about a year
ago.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford