[geeks] Recapping a Mac IIci

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:33:26 CST 2016

Mark,

The re-capping isn't nearly as hard as you think, especially if you replace
the SMT caps with through-hole equivalents, and flatten them to the board.
However, if you are sure that you can't do it, this guy re-capped a IIfx
board that I have, before I got it:

http://maccaps.com/MacCaps/Repair_Service.html

It work perfectly, and the job was done well.

Where are you located?  If you're anywhere on the east coast of the US, I
can probably find someone who could do the job for you, while teaching.

- Alex