[geeks] Sun 3/4/6800 System Board PROM question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Sep 1 08:01:10 CDT 2015

" From: Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com>
"
" I could be 100% wrong. Much of my memory here is fading.
"
" I'm almost certain you CANNOT move CPUs among the boards, only memory.

i wouldn't be surprised if the cpu boards were completely different
designs.

" I don't think these boards have a PROM that you can move/remove.

iirc everything from the us1 onward has eeprom; obp upgrades are done
by patching.

" http://www.shrubbery.net/~heas/sun-feh-2_1/Devices/System_Board/SYSBD_SunFire_USIIICu.html#OPTIONS
"