[geeks] FreeBSD Laptop

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Wed Mar 11 16:01:15 CDT 2015

I thought laptop firmware usually hardcoded the list of acceptable
wireless cards, in order to prevent a non-compliant antenna/card
configuration from being installed.

At least, that's what I was told the last time I tried to do this.  I
ended up buying a replacement card that precisely matched an alternative
configuration shipped by the manufacturer.