[geeks] FreeBSD Laptop

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Mar 10 23:22:09 CDT 2015

I bought a second hand HP Elitebook 8540W for $275, added a 240GB SSD I had bought but never used.

Got the external, 2nd battery for it, so battery life is (not sure) about 5 hours or more, depending on various factors.

Has decent trackpad plus the mouse nub (like the red nub on a ThinkPad).

Probably not the lightest, but I got an earlier-gen i7 and maxed it to 8GB RAM. Zippy enough.

Screen is 1920x1080 .

I can ask a local guy who refurbs laptops if he has another for you, or something similar, if you want details ask off-list.

Cheers

Patrick